Friday, January 1, 2010

Reflecting on 2009

I got this from another blogger that I read about, and thought I would do the same. This year, I will answer 20 questions that help me reflect back on the year. You are welcome to use these if you would like something to help you look back on your year!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?

We went on a cruise to Cozumel, Mexico. We had a wonderful time!


2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?

I did NOT keep my New Year's Resolutions for 2009, which were to get more organized, do sit-ups every day, and spend more time with family. I think I spend more time with my family, but I could still spend even more time with them. I don't even remember making the sit-up resolution, so that probably lasted 2 days, and I don't know that I will ever be organized!!
This year, my resolutions are to (1)GET IN SHAPE. I lost 30 pounds a couple years ago, and have probably put about 10 back on, but now I need to lose that and tone it up! (2) GET BETTER ORGANIZED. I think I am getting better at some things. And I just went through most of the house and got rid of everything that didn't have a home or that I haven't used in quite a while, so that's a start right? (3) BE A BETTER WIFE AND MOTHER. I try to find time for the boys as much as I can, but I neglect my husband so much. I don't mean to. I just need to make time to do more little, special things for him.
(4) KEEP IN TOUCH WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS BETTER.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes! Some of our very best friends, Traci and Travis Moreland, gave birth to their 3rd beautiful, baby girl, London back in March. They had been trying for a boy, but God had other plans and they are so happy with miss London. Isn't she beautiful??!!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

I am very lucky in this area. Since I have been old enough to understand death (AKA...not a child), I have only lost 1 person that I was really, really close to and that was a couple years ago. Let's pray that I can say this same thing next year.

5. What places have you visited?

We have a condo in Branson, Missouri so we go there at least one time every year. We went last February and it snowed while we were there. Scary, because we were in the hills, but isn't it beautiful? This is the view from our balcony.

We also took a cruise to Cozumel, Mexico.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

More balance...time to do the things that really matter and not so much time working.

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched in your memory and why?

May 22, 2009 was mine and Chris's 10 year anniversary!!


8. What was your biggest achievement this year?

Family-wise, it was winning the state championship!! And yes, I know I have nothing to do with coaching that team, but our family does sacrifice a lot for that team. I'm not complaining! I love EVERY SECOND of it, but life at home is not easy during football season.
Hunter made the All-star baseball team, which he was very excited about. I was a little nervous that he wouldn't make it, and was praying about how to deal with that if it upset him badly.

Hayden FINALLY gave up his paci and became potty trained. WHAT A BLESSING!!
I guess my biggest accomplishment was that I stopped biting my fingernails. For those of you that know me, this is HUGE!!! I have bitten my nails for over 30 years. It is such a terrible habit, and I like my hands so much better with long nails. Other than that, nothing really exciting. I finished 2 classes that I was taking, which gave me 15 college credits and a bump up in salary, so that is always good.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?

God has been so good to us! I can't think of anything throughout the year. The month of December Hunter and I had a dry, hacking cough. I never went to the doctor and got over mine. I took Hunter to the doctor and the doctor said he had the worst sounding lungs he has heard all day. (Great Mom, huh?) They gave him 2 antibiotics, and he is doing great now. Hayden had a tiny ear infection, but other than that, we were pretty healthy and blessed!

10. What was the best thing you bought?

I guess I would have to say my new car. I bought a white diamond 2009 GMC Acadia. It has 3rd row seats with bucket seats in the middle, so my kids can just walk to the 3rd row without having to move carseats or fold down the seats. It is wonderful. It also has a DVD player, which I don't think I will ever do without again. I have ALWAYS been a Toyota girl. I think I have owned 3 Camry's and a 4Runner, so I was a little leery of switching, but have been very happy with this purchase so far! 11. Where did most of your money go?

Way too much shopping and eating out!!!


12. What song will always remind you of 2009?

I'm not into music as much as I used to be. I love to listen to it and dance to it, but I couldn't tell you names of songs and who sings it. Some songs that come to mind are "I Gotta Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas. Fun song! I always listened to this Friday night before football games, and it also reminds me of this Oprah video. I don't know how to post the video on here, so I will just leave the website: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvljD0toJmU#watch-main-area
I also liked "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus when it first came out. The radio stations have played it to death, but I love it when Hayden sings it. Too cute!!

13. What do you wish you would have done more of?

Instead of being lazy at home, I wish that my husband and I would go out more often. With or without friends. That would make my blog more interesting also, huh? Of course, I'd like to exercise more and spend more time with God.


14. What do you wish you would have done less of?

Spending hours on the computer, and not getting anything accomplished at home at night. Honestly, I have to use the computer to plan my lessons, grade papers, etc.. I just tend to get side-tracked and go to facebook, shopping websites, and my blog.
I also wish I would've spent less time napping (sort of). I live my Sunday afternoon naps. They are wonderful!!! I lie down with Hayden and we nap for about 2-3 hours, but then I don't want to do anything when I wake up and my whole day is gone.

15. What was your favorite TV program?

Well, my favorites are still Friends reruns. But Chris and I have watched about 7 or 8 seasons of Big Brother together, and we started watching The Biggest Loser this past season.





16. What was the best book you read this year?

I teach 8th grade English, so I mostly read young adult novels. One of the best books I read this year would have to be The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. I immediately rented the movie when I finished the book. Both of them were so good!



17. What was your favorite film of the year?

I guess it would be G.I. Joe. I still haven't seen Blindside or New Moon, or I'm sure those would make the top of my list. This is one of the most action-packed movies I have seen in a very long time!


18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?

Goodness...I turned 33 this year! Wow..I am getting old! :) I think we went out to eat at the Catfish Hole. YUMMY!!! I'm sure Chris bought something for me, but I can't remember.

19. What political issue stirred you the most?

I will just say that politics are not my passion. My husband and I disagree on politics alot, so I don't get too involved to keep peace in the home.

20. Who was the best new person you met?

I meet new people every year being a teacher and my husband being a coach, but I can't think of one person that stands out in my mind. However, I have RE-connected with an old friend because our husbands are coaching together again. Holly and I have kept in touch over the past 6-7 years, but not as good as we should've. Now we both have children and they can know each other better as well. I'm so happy to have her in my life more as a coach's wife and a friend.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

No comments: