We ate dinner at Shorty Smalls at The Landing and walked around the shops a while. Then we went to our room and exchanged gifts. I got him tickets to a Texas Rangers baseball game and a Texas Rangers baseball jersey. He told me we would pick up my gift on the way back home Sunday...that it wasn't ready yet. HMMMM!!! (That had me thinking and asking questions all weekend!) Before we were married, we had friends and family answer questions to predict where we'd be in 10 years and we sealed the box and stored it away. We opened that up also and read what everyone had to say. It was pretty funny and most of it was pretty accurate!The next day, we stayed in bed watching TV until 10 0'clock!!! We never get to do that!! Then we went shopping and ate dinner at The Pasta House.
On the way home Sunday, we stopped at Lambert's to order side dishes to go! I think they thought we were crazy, but we LOVE their fried potatoes and fried okra!!!! YUMMY!!!! That made my whole weekend! Then we drove to pick up my anniversary gift!!!
Here she is................Isn't she just adorable????!!!!! After much deliberation, we have decided to name her Zoey! We dog sat for a Shih-tzu a while back name Coco, so that is automatically what the boys wanted to call her, but I couldn't steal her name from my friend's dog. I have wanted another indoor dog for a while. I'm not sure that NOW was the perfect time, but that's ok! Chris thought she would be a perfect 10 year anniversary gift, and she should be with us up until our 25th anniversary!! AND SHE'S A GIRL!!!!! I'm surrrounded by boys, and I think if I kept having babies, I'd keep having boys, so this is the only way I can get a girl baby!!!
Here are some of our wedding pictures from 10 years ago!! Do you think we have changed any?
These are pictures from our honeymoon to Montego Bay, Jamaica. We stayed at a Sandals Resort. It was wonderful!! We plan to go back one of these days!!
What a great 10 years!!! It has gone by so fast, and we have been so blessed to have accomplished what we have in that amount of time. I love you, honey, and I'm looking forward to many, many more years together.
4 comments:
Cute pup, and I like her name. I was going to vote for that on FB but you had already named her. Glad you had a wonderful anniversary. And I love the idea of the sealed box of 10 year predictions! Very creative!
Aww! She's so cute! Sounds like you had a great weekend getaway! I came across some of your wedding pics just this last weekend while moving - it doesn't seem like its been 10 years!
I love Zoey! As a mommy of three boys, I agree, get the puppy. That way you know you are getting a girl!!
hello... you commented on my cross painting in my bathroom! i do paint for other people, just email me and let me know what i can help you with! your baby girl is precious... i also have two boys and got a girl weenie dog for my birthday last year! i knew that was the only way i'd ever get a pink one in my house! ha! take care.
my email address is princesskkj@hotmail.com
Post a Comment